Sunday is our third Slow Ride at Santiago Cycling. For all you newbies, here’s a little primer on what to wear and bring on your first ride.
What to Wear
- Maybe this should be titled “What Not to Wear”. Don’t wear your spandex kit. No need for lycra shorts with a 100-mile chamois. We won’t be riding long enough or far enough for any serious chaffing to happen. At best, maybe wear some cotton shorts and a little Gold Bond…and a smile.
- Feel free to express yourself. Wear a costume or a colorful wig.
- Protect yourself. Wear a helmet and some bright clothing.
What to Bring
- Bring a cheerful attitude and a friend. The more, the merrier. Bring some money for food and drink. We’ll be stopping at Wahoos and Linx when we get to the Orange Circle.
- Oh yeah, and bring a bike. Leave your race bike at home, though. Bring your old clunker cruiser with the 2” wide tires instead. Remember the Slow Ride motto - “The more upright, the less uptight”.
- Brighten your ride with some lights. Lets make sure everyone sees us out there on the road.
- Obey all traffic laws and be nice.
- Please get to the shop early. There will be waivers to sign and signed waivers make our insurance guy happy.
See you all on Santiago Slow Ride Sunday!